GENSAN KOI KEEPERS
WELCOME MINNA SAN

Enable to post and reply on messages on GenSan Koi Keeper Forum kindly Register with Us.

Register or Log-In to your Account

GENSAN KOI KEEPERS
WELCOME MINNA SAN

Enable to post and reply on messages on GenSan Koi Keeper Forum kindly Register with Us.

Register or Log-In to your Account

GENSAN KOI KEEPERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenSan KoiHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

add ons info on koi keeping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ckf
GSKK Member
GSKK Member
ckf

add ons info on koi keeping Empty
PostSubject: add ons info on koi keeping   add ons info on koi keeping EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:40 pm

buhat tag thread ani para sa tanan, sugdan nko, and i"ll update this thread every now and then till such time na mafamiliar sa mga gskk.

1. Q How many koi fish can I put in my pond?

A The amount could range from 150 to 250 gallons per fish. If you are starting out with small 6" to 8" long koi, they can reach 2 feet in three years, depending on how much food and how often you feed them. They could even grow to over 3 feet long! The overcrowding of fish produces stress and a lot of waste material. It can reduce the health of the fish and result in various diseases. Also, a less crowded pond is more pleasant to look at.
Back to top Go down
ckf
GSKK Member
GSKK Member
ckf

PostSubject: Re: add ons info on koi keeping   add ons info on koi keeping EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 pm

2. Q Should my pond have a bottom drain?

A First of all, a bottom drain is essential for a healthy pond. However, if it is exposed and the suction is strong enough, fish can get stuck to it and not be able to get loose. Therefore, two drains should be hooked in series to relieve the pressure between them, just as in a swimming pool. Bottom drains draw falling waste from the fish before it reaches the bottom, keeping it clean. Areas where it does build up can be swept to the drains for easy cleaning. If you are using a submersible pump or pulling the water from a skimmer, water is not circulating properly on the bottom of the pond. That is where rotting debris is producing ammonia and other toxic gases.
Back to top Go down
civ_20
GSKK Founder
GSKK Founder
civ_20

PostSubject: Re: add ons info on koi keeping   add ons info on koi keeping EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Q: Are koi fish really a necessary part of my pond?
A: Koi fish are part and parcel of a naturally balanced, aquatic ecosystem. A pond without koi fish is kind of like love and marriage. It just works better with than without. And once you get used to watching them glide gracefully around your pond, and you realize how little work is involved in koi fish keeping, you’ll get past the apprehension and be glad you have koi fish in your pond.
Back to top Go down
http://gskoikeeper.forumotiontl.com
civ_20
GSKK Founder
GSKK Founder
civ_20

PostSubject: Re: add ons info on koi keeping   add ons info on koi keeping EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Q: How many koi fish can I safely put in my pond?
A: The rule of thumb is one inch of fish for every square foot of pond surface. So if you have a pond that’s 10’ wide and 15’ long, you’ll have 150 square feet of pond surface. In that pond you can safely accommodate 10 fish that are each 15” long, so long as they don’t grow.
Back to top Go down
http://gskoikeeper.forumotiontl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: add ons info on koi keeping   add ons info on koi keeping Empty

Back to top Go down

add ons info on koi keeping
Page 1 of 1